Wednesday, February 23, 2011

for the dogs...


February is filled with notable holidays such as Groundhog Day, Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day and President's Day.  Today however, is the less recognized holiday of International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day!  My husband and I adopted Mel from the Yonkers Animal Shelter this past December and have been smiling every day since.  So when I heard about this fun holiday, I thought it would be the perfect time to make some delicious homemade dog biscuits and bring them over to the shelter to share with the rest of the dogs who are still waiting to be adopted.  Hopefully the treats will brighten their day and soon they too will find warm and loving forever homes like Mel's.

Peanut butter dough rolled & cut...
I used this recipe from all-natural-dog-treat.com
I left out about 1/4 c flour because my dough seemed a little dry,
so just add your flour slowly to see how much you need.

I doubled the recipe
and made almost 200 cookies...that's a lot of bones!


Mel "helping"...baking can get very tiring...

Bones all packaged and ready to go
I made tags w/ Mel's photo so everyone at YAS
could see how well he is doing :)

Mel making final packaging inspections

Taste test...Approved!

If you are looking to add a new pet to your family...why not think about adopting, rescuing or even fostering a furry friend?  
Mel & I highly recommend it ♥


2 comments:

  1. Amazing photos! Those biscuts look tasty enough for Mel to share with his human friends too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! As soon as I move into a more animal friendly place...I'm adopting a fine, furry friend!!

    ReplyDelete

i "heart" your comments ♥