the tree at rockeller center, 2010
1. Going to see the tree at Rockefeller Center in NYC. I go almost every year...it never gets old :)
2. Freelancing for the past 2 weeks with my old (and some new) friends and colleagues at The Martha Stewart Show. What a great bunch of super talented people.
3. The yummy smells of baking. Finally got a chance to bake today and made my friend Molly's trusted gingerbread cake. She uses this recipe from Gramercy Tavern...it is delicious!
4. Fresh cut Christmas trees... nothing beats the smell of a fresh cut tree...especially when you cut it yourself!
5. Christmas music...really, I can't get enough of it!
6. Gift opening with my nieces and nephews...I love watching the kid's faces and seeing them tear into packages.
8. Being warm by a roaring fire.
9. Knowing I will be celebrating the holidays with my family and friends.
10. Giving our new dog Mel a warm and loving home. My husband and I adopted Mel about 3 weeks ago from the Yonkers Animal Shelter. He is an amazing guy, adjusting so well and really is just a wonderful dog. We are so happy to have him in our family.
What makes you happy this holiday season?