Wednesday, December 1, 2010

the martha stewart holiday craft fair


The Martha Stewart Holiday Craft Fair is this weekend!  If you are in or around NYC Saturday, I suggest you go.  As many of you know, I was a set decorator on the Martha Stewart Show for about 8 years...then left a little over 2 years ago to get my Master degree in art education.  At any rate....it is a great company to work for with so many talented artists.  This is your opportunity to meet these amazing artists and see what they are all about.  When people ask me what I miss most about working there, on the top of the list is the people!  I miss working with my friends, the wonderful group I collaborated with everyday.  Many of these fabulous artists will be at the sale on Saturday!  My bff Daniele (from Sweet Dani B) who has appeared on the show numerous times making her spectacular cookies with Martha, will be selling many of her most popular cookies.  Hosanna from the tv art department will have her beautiful acorn necklaces...my husband bought me one last year and I have since bought several others as gifts.  Another tv crafter, Kristin, will be selling a new collection of necklaces - I also saw she has them on her etsy shop, each one has a different charitable symbolic meanings...check them out, very cool!  Oh, and for those of you who love cheese...you have to try the best pimen'a cheese ever!  My friend Kelli makes it and sold out within the first few hours last year!  Also last year, the tv art director Anduin was selling these really sweet stuffed animals...my mom bought one for my niece.  I hope she is back with new creations this year! This is just a tiny sampling of what you will find at the sale.  There will be a myriad of artists there selling all kinds of beautifully crafted items.  Last year I remember seeing ceramics, felted goods, clothes, ornaments, jewelry, food items, metal works, stuffed animals, knitted/crocheted items, glass works, bead work, paper made items, wooden crafts...the list goes on and on and on!  The most creative people imaginable will be here.  One hint I can give you...COME EARLY!  The line gets really long as the day goes on.  I can't wait to see what other incredible ideas the rest of the employees have come up with this year.  I hope to see you there too!


my niece Lilah loves Sweet Dani B's cookies!

Kelli with her helper & another talented MS employee Kait....
and the famous pimen'a cheese!

one of Hosanna's acorns I gave as a shower gift this year

Happy handmade shopping...the best gift you can give is one that is handmade ♥

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! I'm so excited- we are going to have fun. Also note: 'wichcraft is now right downstairs! xo

    ReplyDelete

i "heart" your comments ♥